This position is primarily responsible for operating a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directing callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieves messages from voicemail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable. Answers questions and provides callers with address, directions, and other information as needed. Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel. Updates and maintains email distribution lists.
- Monitors visitor access and issues parking passes when required.
Updates conference room calendar.
Receives, sorts, and routes mail.
Maintains copier/fax machines, assists users, sends/scans faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Orders, receives and maintains kitchen supplies.
- Processes invoices in a timely, effective and consistent manner.
- Updates electronic filing system.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
Assists Assistant Property Manager and/or Property Manager with monthly tasks such as:
- Running and sending rent ups
- Running monthly reports from Yardi
- Coding property invoices
- Assist with creating monthly bill backs
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year general administrative experience required.
- Real Estate experience preferred.
- Ability to utilize relevant software and technology such as outlook, word processing, spreadsheet and accounting software systems (Yardi and MRI experience a plus).
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches situations in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats everyone with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
MRP is an equal opportunity employer. Our values center on the notion where we are part of a team that is respectful, where you are appreciated and allowed to be yourself. We recognize that greater diversity in the workforce results in greater profitability and value creation. We help build the communities where people live and work and we are committed to always do that in a way that celebrates inclusivity.