Candidate would join the Investment Management Team and work alongside MRP executives and other business partners to properly manage the acquisition, execution and disposition process of assigned assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update and maintain ARGUS models for office assets in MRP portfolio and provide analytical support associated with ongoing management and investment decisions related to leasing, financing and general asset management of MRP assets
- Assist in the preparation of annual property budgets, reforecasts and variance analyses and track performance and operations of property management and construction management teams
- Prepare investment reporting packages for investors, lenders and JV partners
- Review and analyze proposed lease transactions and make recommendations to MRP executives for such deals as they compare to asset underwriting and strategic initiatives/value creation objectives
- Responsible for the underwriting and due diligence for our Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area Market
- Monitor all assets of property operations and capital improvement projects
- Prepare lender draw packages and monitor asset performance for compliance with loan covenants and JV documents
- Develop a complete and holistic understanding of MRP office portfolio assets and submarkets in which they are located
- Lead coordination of efforts with architects, construction management, property management and other stakeholders related to tenant buildouts and building renovation projects
- Assist MRP executives in underwriting, due diligence and closing of new acquisitions
- Represent MRP in lease negotiations and work to establish business partnerships with tenants
Education/ Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record
- MBA and/or JD preferred
- 2-4 years of real estate experience in acquisitions, asset management, development and/or lending
- Strong financial/analytical skills – including proficiency in ARGUS and Excel – candidate needs to have solid understanding on fundamental financial concepts such as NPV, IRR and return on cost
- Familiarity with loan documents and leases
- Self-motivated and hard-working with the ability to work independently and as a team
- Energetic and excited to work with a growing real estate development team
LOCATION: Washington, DC
This is a full-time position located in Washington, D.C. MRP employees receive full benefits (Health/Vision/Dental), and MRP offers a close-knit team and a fun environment to work and play. MRP is an equal opportunity employer. Our values center on the notion where we are part of a team that is respectful, where you are appreciated and allowed to be yourself. We recognize that greater diversity in the workforce results in greater profitability and value creation. We help build the communities where people live and work, and we are committed to always do that in a way that celebrates inclusivity.
*This position requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.