This position is primarily responsible for effectively managing and coordinating people, activities and available resources in order to maximize the property’s successful operations. The Property Manager will partner with Leadership on MRP’s objectives, annual budget, etc., while developing the property team members to maximize performance, and taking a hands-on approach to any necessary duties to accomplish objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initiates and manages all core business processes, including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor relations, selection and recruitment, and team development.
- Management of 43 commercial Industrial buildings along with Managing the Condo Associations related to the properties.
- Physically walks and inspects property regularly.
- Completes move-in/move-out inspections with tenants.
- Manages the maintenance and assists with leasing of vacant suites to include transferring utilities to/from Landlord.
- Responsible for reforecasting as necessary, tenant billings, annual budgets and reconciliations, rent ups, etc.
- Manages all Tenant, vendor and building files on the network and ensure all documents are saved per company standard.
- Uploads and approves all invoices to include setting up new vendors and ensuring all vendors are sending invoices to invoice center.
- Adhere to the accounting deadlines (or deadlines set by company, ownership, or upper management) to ensure that there are no late payments.
- Maintain all vendor contracts, COI tracking, POs and bid out work as required by Management or Ownership.
- Prepare month-end accounting “closing reports,” and deliver to the property management accounting and ownership, as necessary.
- Run all audit trail accounting reports for the month-end close and keep files in network files.
- On a monthly basis, review the Expense Distribution Report or current month general ledger to determine if any invoices were miscoded and need to be re-classed prior to the end of the month.
- Prepare month end accruals and with researching expense variances to determine the variance report explanations.
- Update monthly cleaning square footage for vacancy credits for billing purposes for janitorial service, as necessary.
- Follows through on problems to satisfactory resolution and communicate problems to any necessary party to facilitate resolution.
- Ensures that market surveys are conducted on a regular basis and that competition is shopped regularly.
- Utilizes the market information to make strategic decisions for the success of the property.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, conducts on-site safety meetings to discuss relevant policies and procedures and other relevant safety topics.
- Communicates policy and procedure changes with team members.
- Identifies existing and potential barriers to the successful accomplishment of property objectives and utilizing performance data, observation, budgetary and other financial information creates solutions to those problems.
- Creates a clear realistic vision for the property and effectively communicate expectations and a direction to the team members.
- Keeps abreast of industry, market, and seasonal trends to plan strategies to meet operational goals.
- Holds regular department meetings to communicate goals, progress toward goals, expectations and identify actions to achieve objectives.
- Monitors individual team member performance and provide timely and constructive feedback.
- Identifies, interviews, and hires appropriate team members.
- Identifies strengths of team members and plan assignments accordingly to maximize team performance.
- Conducts performance reviews for all team members at year-end.
- Uses performance counseling to correct and/or improve performance issues.
- Maintains an awareness of training resources available and encourage the development of team members.
- Sets and upholds high standards of honesty for self and team members.
- Able to be trusted with property assets and confidential resident and team member data.
- Consistently and effectively communicates with the Regional Manager and Senior VP of Property Manager, and relevant colleagues regarding property performance.
- Uses assertive communication techniques when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Maintains relationships with residents, associates and vendors on a professional level at all times. Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, plus 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MRP is an equal opportunity employer. Our values center on the notion where we are part of a team that is respectful, where you are appreciated and allowed to be yourself. We recognize that greater diversity in the workforce results in greater profitability and value creation. We help build the communities where people live and work and we are committed to always do that in a way that celebrates inclusivity.