This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and upholding the standards of the engineering department through professional management and supervision of staff, and handling all engineering initiatives, operations, and technical processes according to the needs of the portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all staff recruitment, development and retention, and organizational development.
- Establishes policies, procedures, standards, and operating processes that ensure the highest operational effectiveness.
- Directly manages partnerships and customer relations to ensure effective planning, design, and deployment across the entire portfolio.
- Maintains high level partnerships with vendors and customers, maintaining structured processes for ongoing dialogue and assessments, and operating as a key representative of the engineering team.
- Provides property support to projects including major capital improvements with high levels of complexity, schedule impact, cost management and design requirements.
- Manages complex budgets and strategic plans, including proactive monitoring, communications, and control activities to ensure ongoing achievement and fiscal management.
- Maintains proactive and clear communications with all levels of the organization, partners, and customers. Director of Engineering must be able to demonstrate excellent communications in writing, speaking and influence.
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional employee and customer relations by being able to empathize and relate at all levels of the organization. Additionally, the position needs to be a leader who is an expert in technical and operational activities.
- Provides site leadership, implements training, and acts as both a coach and mentor to engineering team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Technical background in commercial property engineering, alongside excellent leadership, people, and organization skills.
- Solid background in building operations, mechanical, electrical systems design review, layout, and installation, including ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical designs.
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70E, NFPA 72, NFPA 25 and compliance issues
- Expert knowledge in industry safety best practices (i.e. lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA, and state regulations)
- Excellent communications, organizational and influence skills.
- Ability to adjust communications to the audience and to be able to organize logical thinking and complex information into clear and influential messaging.
- Ability to motivate and mentor engineers at all levels.
- Ability to operate in and promote a rigorous process-driven environment
- Ability to lead and facilitate process flows and complex projects, to ensure smooth transitions across the portfolio.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC, Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job-related training and experience
- Licenses(s) for all jurisdictions and equipment:
- DC properties
- Maryland properties
- Virginia properties
- SMT certification or enrollment in program
- Universal CFC certification required
- Minimum of 15 years of field experience
- Continuing education in field
- Expert skills at solving technical programs
- Strong computer skills necessary to operate and diagnose problem associated with Building Automation Systems
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA, NEC and NFC codes and regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar field required (Mechanical preferred) OR equivalent education and experience usually obtained with 7-8 years’ directly related education and experience.
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience, with at least five years’ experience as a senior manager
- Experience managing and motivating teams of 20 or more employees.
Please submit your resume along examples of materials to support the skills referenced in the summary to email@example.com
MRP is an equal opportunity employer. Our values center on the notion where we are part of a team that is respectful, where you are appreciated and allowed to be yourself. We recognize that greater diversity in the workforce results in greater profitability and value creation. We help build the communities where people live and work and we are committed to always do that in a way that celebrates inclusivity.
*This position requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.Tags: career, director, engineer, jobs