Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
General Administrative Duties
- Answer phones and ensure that phones are properly covered during office hours. Enter all tenant work tickets in work order system and dispatch to engineer.
- Handle all matters related to office communication including office phones, fax, cell phone accounts, and building radios.
- Open mail and distribute mail and distribute faxes to staff.
- Prepare memos and correspondence in a professional manner and proofread all documents prepared by self, or PM or Engineer as requested.
- Review and code incoming invoices and give to Engineer to match with the PO.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Annually, update the Excel Critical Path and distribute copies of budget and critical paths to staff.
- Maintain a database of email distribution list of all tenant contacts
- Unless administered directly by the tenant, the APM will maintain the tenant security card administration, issue and activate new cards with proper tenant & PM approval and update periodically.
- Maintain the emergency contact list.
- Maintain the tenant and vendor certificates of insurance to ensure that all COIs are current and proper additional insured requirements are maintained. Contact tenant/vendor if COl is expiring or additional insureds are incorrect.
- Enter employee timesheet data and present to PM for PM’s approval.
- Adhere to the accounting calendar so that all invoices and other AP or AR functions are processed prior to the deadline.
- Fully abstract all leases and input all pertinent information into the Accounting and Management system for billing and tracking purposes. Manager to approve with signature.
- Input contracts, lease dates, billing information, insurance dates, and all other data for generation of monthly reports which track receivable information.
- Generate monthly insurance expiration reports of tenant’s insurance policies and keep updated.
- Compile and maintain complete lease files on all tenants including tenant move-in information and accounting correspondence.
- Maintain original leases and renewals in Management Office.
- Coordinate move-in activities and tenant welcome gifts.
Process Accounts Payable
- Ensure that each invoice has a PO from the engineer prior to processing.
- Obtain W-9’s and complete vendor set-up forms for PM’s signature and submit to accounting.
- Ensure that each invoice is valid. If the invoice has an incorrect billing address, contact the vendor by phone or in writing to obtain appropriate address.
- Code all invoices with the correct expense code using the approved budget. If not budgeted, confer with Property Manager for alternate code.
- It is the APM’s duty to adhere to the accounting deadlines (or deadline set by PM for his/her review) to ensure that there are no late payments.
- When checks are received, attach check copy to invoice, distribute checks to vendors with proper remittance slips if necessary, and file the paid invoice in the central AP files.
- Ensure that all files are maintained so that each vendor has its own folder labeled by vendor name
Bill and Collect all Tenant Receivables
- Using the lease and lease abstract approved by the PM, setup tenant billing in the accounting system and bill tenants monthly for Rent, Operating Expenses, and Miscellaneous Charges such as billable work performed for tenants by engineering staff. Manager to approve the entries.
- Deposit daily receipt of tenant rent payments and enter on accounting software for correct tracking of tenant receivables. Manager to approve with signature all AR batches.
- Prepare month-end accounting “closing reports,” present to PM for signed approval, and deliver to the property management accounting.
- Run all audit trail accounting reports for the month-end close and keep files in management office.
- On a monthly basis, review the Expense Distribution Report or current month general ledger to determine if any invoices were miscoded and need to be re-classed prior to the end of the month.
- Assist in the preparation of month end accruals and with researching expense variances to determine the variance report explanations.
- Copy and bind monthly reports and distribute to Owner, Senior Vice President, Leasing Agent, Property Manager and Senior Accountant as required. Maintain a record copy in the Management Office.
- Update monthly cleaning square footage for vacancy credits for billing purposes for janitorial service.
Assist the Property Manager
- Prepare vendor contracts by populating the data in the MRP contract template, and fully complete the data in the MRP Contract Submittal forms and submit to PM for review.
- Assist in annual budget preparation package for Owner.
- Periodically inspect all common areas and vacant space in property and maintain upkeep with janitorial and engineering staff.
- Maintain tenant relations with regular tenant visits and phone calls.
- Act as liaison between construction manager and tenant during build-out phase of tenant suite.
- Distribute all new move-in information to tenants upon lease execution and arrival in building.
- If applicable, assist Leasing Agent and Property Manager in leasing efforts and show available space to prospective tenants if requested.
Education/ Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent education level.
- 2-5 years relevant property management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to proficiently utilize the latest technology, word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software systems
- Preferred experience using Building Engines, MRI accounting and budgeting software.
MRP is an equal opportunity employer. Our values center on the notion where we are part of a team that is respectful, where you are appreciated and allowed to be yourself. We recognize that greater diversity in the workforce results in greater profitability and value creation. We help build the communities where people live and work and we are committed to always do that in a way that celebrates inclusivity.