MRP Realty is seeking a proactive and self-starter candidate for the position of Analyst for its investment and portfolio management team in its Washington, D.C office. The successful candidate should possess solid financial, analytical and technical real estate skills with a strong work ethic and attention to accuracy and detail.
This position is primarily responsible for conducting quantitative analyses, underwriting and market research for MRP’s commercial real estate investment team. The candidate will gain a broad exposure to all parts of the investment team by supporting existing portfolio management, acquisitions, and development. Core duties and responsibilities include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing ongoing financial models for existing investments and development projects and preparation of reporting packages for MRP Realty’s capital partners
- Underwriting potential investments in both income-producing assets and development opportunities
- Financial modeling, including discounted cash flows, projected investment returns and sensitivities and various joint venture and capital structures
- Coordinating due diligence and closing processes, including interfacing with third-party vendors, brokers, property managers and lenders
- Synthesizing macro-economic and local market news, research, trends and transactions to help craft investment strategies
- Understanding and applying logical functions to generate fully dynamic spreadsheet
- Inputting market and property assumptions into Argus to generate future cash flows
- Creating meaningful and compelling business plans as well as investment committee memos
- Assisting in value-creating process of the asset when capital expenditures are needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Degree from a leading four-year College or University
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in real estate, finance or capital markets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong quantitative, qualitative, and analytical skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Leasing transactional experience preferred
- Can conceptualize leasing and operational strategies
- Has experience with investment sales / high transactional volume
- Strong sense of urgency and a drive to get work done quickly and in complete detail
- Intuitive understanding of team cohesion, dynamics and interpersonal relations
- Friendly and service-oriented, drives for the greater good, and promotes teamwork
- Self-disciplined and able to give close personal attention to the details of their work
- Driven to achieve operational efficiencies, thinks about what needs to be done and how it can be done promptly while maintaining a high-quality outcome
Washington, D.C., please submit your resume along examples of materials to support the skills referenced in the summary to firstname.lastname@example.org
MRP is an equal opportunity employer. Our values center on the notion where we are part of a team that is respectful, where you are appreciated and allowed to be yourself. We recognize that greater diversity in the workforce results in greater profitability and value creation. We help build the communities where people live and work and we are committed to always do that in a way that celebrates inclusivity.
*This position requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.Tags: analyst, career, jobs